On April 30, 2020, Gov. Lujan Grisham announced continued Stay-at-Home order until May 15. She added that limited businesses may re-open with restrictions as of May 1. To see slides from the press conference, click here.
Key Points from Gov. Lujan Grisham’s
4-30-2020 press conference:
1) Modified Stay-at-Home order in place.
2) Slow, phased re-opening of NM (May and June)
3) Some businesses may re-open (with limitations) as of May 1.
4) Vigilant social distancing, face coverings, and sanitizing more than ever.
5) Current transmission rate 1.24 (1 person transmits to 1.24 people), needs to stay below this for more openings.
6) Data suggests parts of NM might have hit peak in mid-April, but prepping ICUs for surge in numbers. (NW New Mexico numbers oontinue rapid climb).
7) May 1-15 is “Prep Phase” to more re-openings (if numbers remain low enough).
8) After May 15, further easing of restrctions anticipated (if nmbers remain low).
9) Expect some types of limitations for next 9 months (or until a vacine is available).